Saturday, March 8, 2008

Chapter 8

So, wow! Everything in this chapter happened entirely too quickly for me to quite believe it all. Firstly, with the 'retiring' of Polokov, all of the elaborated information on Luba Luft and not to mention the proposed 'help' from none other than Rachael Rosen her- (androidic) self. The fact that humans ultimately cant tell when an android is amongst them, tells us why it's so 'easy' for Polokov to pose as a 'special anthead.' It's all very surreal and creepy, I find. That an andy can learn how to addapt at such a level and, in Rachael's case, offer help and or advice to a human, is unfathomable in the world that I live in today.
This also makes me question the intricacies of the Rosen association. I still can't figure out whether or not I want to 'trust' them or their work (no matter how much 'creation' they are instilling on the new world). I almost feel like Rachael is up to something satirical, perhaps even seeing to the plan of Deckard's demise herself, in trying to accompany him to question the other Nexus-6's. Which then differs me back to when Rick stated his (almost) attraction to some andy's and, in that, making his first mistake as a professional and a remaining human. Is a mass-extinction in store for all basic life forms? Are the androids already in power and planning a siege of 'life'? These things are getting 'smart', even becoming more human-like by the day and starting to organize, is what I'm thinking right now. Some sort of reordered hierarchy. Conditioning in the form of replacement. Paranoid? Perhaps...(made)For 'man', by man...I mean, potentially, 'we' did create it.

No comments: