Thursday, March 13, 2008

Chapter 10

I'm going to deem this the most paranoid chapter yet! I found myself as anxious as Rick must have felt, and I'm sure Dick's playing with the readers here and having a lot of fun with it. "Postmodern" architecture also shows Dick's ideas throughout this chapter and references back to the androids interests in baroque style and pre-colonial ideals.
I honestly started to believe that maybe, in the new world 'androids' are more diverse and widely spread than anyone had imagined or been presented (textually) with thus far. It's scary to think that the androids are banning together to 'take out', essentially, Rick Deckard and Bounty Hunters alike. Then again, it is, to them, considered a form of 'murder.' perhaps even a 'kippelization' of creative 'life.' Rick should realize his own 'programmed' feelings/emotions (such as Rachel and Luba have suggested) more prevalently. Is Resch an android (he seems really nice/trained)??? I think they're all in cahoots.

No comments: